Divorce is physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally draining. During such challenging life transitions it is paramount that you take care of your body, mind and spirit. Approaching your divorce with a clear mind will help you more effectively make decisions about your future lives as separate individuals, and will help you manage and heal from the emotional trauma inherent in this major life transition.
As you embark on this major life transition, we will help you create a wellness plan to help you manage your physical, emotional, and spiritual health. We will assist you in connecting with mental health professionals, wellness coaches, and/or holistic practitioners including:
- Therapy. Working with a therapist can help divorcing individuals cope with the emotional trauma of divorce. Many who work with therapists during their divorce learn to view this life transition as an opportunity for growth and personal development.
- Reiki (ray-kee) is a Japanese natural healing technique for stress reduction and relaxation based on the principle that the practitioner can channel energy into the patient by means of touch to activate natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well being. Many find this treatment ideal for easing away worries, stress, and aches and pains connected to their divorce, and in finding the energy and drive to start a new routine to rediscover their real identity.
- Yoga. Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that harmonizes the body with the mind and breath through various breathing techniques, yoga postures and meditation. Many find yoga ideal and essential to their healing and self-restoration during their divorce. In addition to stress relief, Yoga’s health benefits are extensive; include lowering blood pressure and heart rate and improving cardiovascular endurance.
- Meditation. Mindfulness meditation can help reduce and minimize stress and emotional pain and, while emotional pain in divorce is inevitable, mediation has been shown to reduce the intensity of such pain. Specifically, meditation can help you cope with the overwhelming feelings you may experience as you work through the issues that need to be resolved.
- Massage Therapy. Massage therapy relaxes muscles, releases tension, increases the flow of endorphins, improves circulation, aids with digestion, sooths the nervous system, and promotes restful sleep.
- Nutrition. A healthy diet is the foundation for remaining physically and mentally healthy during divorce. Emotional eating, stress starvation, excessive alcohol consumption, and other unhealthy eating habits can wreak havoc on your physical and mental health. Healthy eating will help you feel better, give you more energy and improve your strength and self-image.
- Physical Fitness. Exercising regularly will help you feel better, look better and have a better attitude. You will have more energy, which can help make the issues and challenges of divorce more manageable and help you deal with them in a more productive manner.
- Hypnosis. Hypnosis works with your subconscious mind to more clearly understand and resolve emotional issues so that you can manage difficult emotions and move forward with your life.
Whatever wellness method you choose is up to you. The important thing is that you take care of yourself and engage with activities to release some of the stress and tension from this difficult transitional period.